Monday, November 17, 2008

Not much news from the front. Things are still looking well. At best I'll be out late tomorrow. More likely the morning after. I need to leave...no really, I need to leave. This nursing is outstanding here but at a certain point all the crap they do to you in here starts to unravel the reason you came in, presumably to get well.

I already mentioned the sleep deprivation. We don't even have to talk about the food. One things hospitals do well is control severe pain but they really don't get discomfort. Two nights ago after having fallen asleep for about an hour a tech walked in at midnight and threw all the lights on. She stuck the thingy in my ear, stuck the thingy on my finger, squeezed the ever living shit out of my arm with the BP cuff, finally she jabbed me in the finger to get my blood sugar. On her way out she turned off the light and said, "there, I'll let you get back to sleep now." mmm hmmm.

A few minutes later the evil heparin shot-fairy showed up. So I called for back up. Mr. Ambien.

Happy Hal and Granny Franny (my parents) are showing up tomorrow. So there will be gourmet dining, Fox News and football to look forward to with my Mom. Dad's become the master of the afternoon nap. Alain, would you put the TV remote up somewhere real high?

We're good with food right now. Thanks to all who've fed my brood. I'm sure I'll be fine after the surgery. I haven't needed any pain medication at all for this 10 inch incision. I may put up the white flag again when chemo starts. If you will pardon me now, it's time to do a little christmas shopping on the internet. Yeah, call me a Jew-wannabe. But that's another blog.

dr. bif

No comments: