Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Highland Pole Dance

No, I'm not talking about Scottish strippers.  Any other guesses?

The Highland Pole Dance is what you have to do after you've wandered around with your IV pole and then have to walk around it several times to untangle the lines.  Ooh ay, it's dead sexy!

I went in to the emergency room on Saturday.  I had been on clear liquids for the two days prior and wasn't getting any better.  It was pretty clear I needed some hydration and pain control.  I didn't realize how bad things had gotten until I got some pain control.  So I've parked my butt here in the hospital and we're trying to decide what to do with me.  It is very likely they will take me down to the operating room to try and relieve the intestinal blockage.  No one is very excited about this because I've had radiation and if they try to sew bowel that has been irradiated there is a good chance it won't heal.  There is also a chance that the blockage is being caused by cancer that has wrapped itself around the intestine.  This prospect frightens me more than just a little.

Unfortunately I've gotten worse since I've been here so something needs to happen.

My parents are arriving this afternoon.  Alain has been managing everything like a trooper.  He's getting tired though.  If any of you have an idea how to give him a break I'm all ears.  My folks can help in this respect as well.  we're good for food at the house.  I will let you all know what the plan is when I get more information.

Dr. Bif

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beth - call me if you think I can help in some way. I am off all weekend and could come out to help. Thinking of you all the time...
Jane

Anonymous said...

Saying a prayer for you, Beth
Dina