Sunday, February 14, 2010

still here...the queen of complications

the latest complication has been a line infection and leaking nephrostomy tubes.  the port that has served me well for 5 years had to come out this morning for a candida infection of all things.  that will only mean something to you medical types.  it's unusual.  they also changed one of the tubes in my right kidney.

I've been pretty sick with the line infection and have hunkered down, sleeping a lot.  my parents came back today so we will be good with food while they are here.

just a quick update.  back off to bed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Beth. I am hoping and praying that you feel better soon.
-Jehanna

Craig said...

Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Beth, I'm rooting for you. Feel better soon.
Jane

HB said...

get well dear...

Unknown said...

Here's hoping you get another kingdom to rule soon!

Unknown said...

You are in my thoughts everyday Beth.

Julie

Unknown said...

That stinks. I wish i was the medical type and knew what you meant. I hope you feel better soon! Time to go back to the Olypics and rooting on the American men's skating. GO what's-his-name! He's an American so i don't care who he really is! WOO HOO!

Anonymous said...

Is Dr. Bif now Queen Candida? You sure know how to grow those bugs! I am sad to hear you lost the port. Another rendezvous with a surgeon? I'll visit when you give the 'all's clear and I'm awake' sign. Barbara