Monday, June 29, 2009

I am the Highlander, there can be only one!

I'm at Highland Hospital again and I'm not the only one here so not a very good title.

I should be out soon. I had a bowel obstruction on Friday. Previous surgeries and radiation made things sticky in there. I have a tube down my nose and into my stomach. It is an absolute joy. On the pain medication I was having freaky dreams, getting chased by monsters. As I started to feel better I started having dreams about glasses of water. The best was a glass of cold orange juice. I opened up a fridge and there were several gallon jugs all open.

Today I drank about 4 little cups of apple juice. I'd have to say I prefer that to orange juice lest some kind hearted soul send a bunch of cans to my house. I'm hoping to get out in a day or so. the NG tube in my nose is clamped and we are seeing how well I fly on my own. I'm supposed to leave for France on Friday. We're going to France, we're going to France, everyone now, we're going to france...

a bientot.

Dr. Le Bif

4 comments:

Unknown said...

See You In FRANCE! feel better!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. Have a great time in France!
Dina

Susan said...

Hope you can still go on your trip. If not Aunt Nancy is here visting. They're talking about going to the cottage next week. Ah, memories. Too bad I have to work. :(

Unknown said...

Hope you have a great trip!