Tuesday, January 20, 2009

No pain, no strain just sit and...oh nevermind.

Best to leave that title alone whether you know how it finishes or not. I have received some awed congratulations since my surgery for how well I am coping with my new, um appliance. Those would be hastily withdrawn if you heard the decibel level at our house this morning. Luckily since today is my day off I was still in pajamas while I helped get the kids ready for school. Luckily I was also standing on the easily cleaned tile floor of the kitchen when the clip let go releasing a torrent down my leg.

As I tried to wrap the cuff of the pajama around my ankle to prevent further spillage I yelled at Sam to get me the kleenex I knew to be in the next room. He returned with one. Thanks, dude. I hobbled up the stairs holding onto my ankle and got in the shower, pajamas and all.

After sufficient decontamination and new clothes I made my way downstairs to reassure Adam who was a little freaked out by all my yelling. By now he was laughing and calling me "Poopy." Sam also christened me with a new nickname.

Mrs. Splatter.

I love all the comments on the blog. The last post is a new record. If you are wondering what my cousin is talking about she and my cousin Annie along with several of my aunts showed up at our gate to wish us farewell by staging an anti-war protest against F.R.O.G. (the Friedman liquid SWAT team). Still don't know what I'm talking about? You mean you DIDN'T READ THE LAST POST? YOU MEAN YOU HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO? C'mon, it's not that long, scroll down and read. They all carried signs and dressed up looking as if they were going to a Mardi Gras parade at a mental institution. Someone even wore the box that the cake came in as a hat. The best get-up was Aunt Nancy. Although my mother insists that it was Aunt Martha. So to back up for a second. When Nancy was about 12 she had very long hair that she wore in two braids. When she decided to cut them off she couldn't part with them and kept them. Later, years later they were given as a gift to Martha (or was it Sally?) who for also inexplicable reasons also kept them. One of these fine and dignified representatives of the "Original Eight" strung the two braids between a piece of string and donned the braids by running the string over the top of her head and walked through the airport to send us off.

We were in fact, speechless.

Dr. Bif

1 comment:

Tara said...

Well, my mother continually tells me I shouldn't, but I was reciting that "poem" to the boys the other day!

Anyhow, you made me think of this essay from David Sedaris:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBdymtyXt8Y